Tuesday 19 May 2009

Our Origin.

Our Origin.

Why do people assume that there MUST have been a 'Start Point' for all life, as we know it? I think that it is only because we 'appear' to start(Birth), exist(Life), then disappear(Death) from existence, that we 'assume' there must have been a 'Start Point'. As if everything in existence has to abide by the same principles. That seems a bit arrogant to me........

I think that it's possible that life could have 'always' existed in one form or another and always will exist. Life without end. It could have been pure random chance that our life happened to start on 'this' Planet, at the time it did. I've always had a feeling in the back of my mind, since I was a child, that our species did not originate on this planet. Please don't misunderstand me, though, I'm not some screwed up Scientologist.

Imagine if our Sun suddenly went Nova and caused a massive explosion that destroyed our World and all the life on it. Our Planet would become tiny fragments heading out into Space. If any life from our world, especially bacteria or something smaller, could be frozen in space on a meteorite/comet heading out into the cosmos, could it not just land on other planets and start evolving again?

There is evidence that the Universe is expanding at the moment, but I don't think that is enough information for us to assume that it was created by a Big Bang. The Universe could have always existed in one form or another, too. The Universe could be beating like a heart, throughout eternity, in a constant cycle of expansion and contraction. It might never have had a 'Start Point' and there may never be an 'End Point', either.

"Nothing changes. It just rearranges."

What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment